Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Symphony

I performed at the Phoenix Symphony this past Sunday, and it was great. Not the actual show, or the standing ovation, or the chance to be part of such a cultural experience but a simple question that was asked to me. A girl Lindsey asked me, "Sheena, before the performance, can you pray with me that the show will go well?" I looked in amazement and said with no hesitation YES! I can't believe that I've made an impression on these girls at dance enough to want to pray with me. So as we nervously awaited our 'Q' to go on stage Lindsey grabbed my hands and said, "Let's pray!" So I did, I prayed and she hugged me and said, "Okay! I think we can do this!" 

People wonder, after a few horrible rehearsals, and mess up's after mess up's how we possibly pulled the show off with only minor mistakes. I don't have to wonder at all. Because I prayed for a show like that before we even started! 

It was just amazing, though, that someone wanted to pray with me. I have never forced my "religion" on anyone, never said your bad if you don't go to church or pray, but simply have been trying my best to live it out, and believe it or not, the Light really does shine through.

I give everything to You Lord 
(Lord, Your cool!)

No comments: