Friday, May 1, 2009

An Everlasting Stairwell

The brilliant breath and glimpse out the white wooden shutters, I recognize that beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Silence is the most delicate breeze pushing past the worthlessness you've always strayed away from. Silence. This new perspective drowns my previous pessimist outlook on life. Thankfulness is quickly becoming a common word in my miniscule vocabulary. With all sincerity, I'm thankful! I have slowly been ripped from my awkward views on people and situations, I'm actually getting this world. While in the same second that I get it, I loose it just as quick. Oh my pathetic misery. I'm learning, daily, to embrace those thought's, feelings, and situations as captivating instead of crushing. Praise and glory shine to the One who's thought's have meaning, feelings which have taught my own, and situations known which I have yet lived. Bless and honor. Continue the Grace, I'm striving to melt peacefully in Your arms. You are willing, I am fighting. There has been the pain and tears. It's crept under my skin and even ruled me at times. Times when I knew no better, knew not how things should be, and knew nothing at all. Those times. They'll come, and they'll go, we'll dance and we'll grow. This silly world gets the best of me sometimes, and I blame nothing else but our flesh, our offal, many times, pure cruelty. Flesh. There is a beautiful mess inside! Come in, we are welcoming, honest, open, and light hearted. Sometimes. Yeah. Sometimes! I always thought those prayers, those I prayed on a whim, were heard but would never be answered. I was so low, shallow at best, extend the grace I need, I just don't know better. Processing the intricate details of my life has been, shockingly, a wake up call. I'm wide awake now, so, I will force myself to put one foot in front of the other and demonstrate the elegance that is buried deep within. I'm shredding the former me, as well as you, and we place our fist high and release them because of sheer understanding. Tolerance is no more, and we are breaking through. The bells are ringing and we laugh it off and cry when necessary. My sincerity unfolds. You catch mine, I'll catch yours. 

I give everything over to You Lord

No comments: