Sunday, May 6, 2007

Myspace Ministy?

I had recently found a girl on Myspace crying out for help.
She had pictures blown up of her with cuts all over her arms, and I'm not talking paper cuts, but full on gashes. I found her while searching people on Myspace with one of my best friends. After seeing her i cried because of the pain i saw in her. I have thought allot about her, and prayed for he too. And i decided, why not take the opportunity to share God with her, what do i have to lose right?? Well i did, i got up the strength and wrote to her about God and what i had thought about everything on her Myspace page. And, she wrote back, not exactly what i was expecting but, at least i know she read what i had to say. She told me how she was fine and she's just a big hippie and she loves life and nothing's going wrong. But, i insisted to her that she wasn't Okay and she wont be Okay if she doesn't start realizing her need for the Lord.
I haven't heard back, which to me is a disappointment. After some more thought and some encouragement from my good friends, i have peace knowing if she ever did have a question about God or changing her life, i will be there. Also, i have great peace knowing that if i only left a mark by her thinking i was a crazy Christine girl, i made a mark somehow and to me, that's better than not trying.

2 comments:

familygregg said...

You were obedient to His whisper and that is your role. He must be so pleased with his daughter.

He created this girl and doesn't enjoy her suffering. He has her eye on her. She is in his hands.

I am going to be praying that your words...planted deep down inside of her and that someone comes along to water them...and that He grows them according to His perfect will.

Sheena Christine West said...

Thank you for your prayers, it was hard to see her at first, but i just have to believe there is a wonderful reason why God showed me her. I wish i could just fix everything, but i know, it's not like that, and i know it has nothing to do with my own will power, i guess this is were my faith comes into play. God is good.