Thursday, January 8, 2009

Perfect Title

Every time I write.
Every time someone reads me what they write.
Every time I read what someone else wrote.
I feel like it's one of the strongest forms of affection. 
Writing is so personal, so intimate, and often life changing. It has great significance and high value in my eyes. Writing for me, is like a bandage for open wounds, an escape door from life, and a time capsule that reminds you of your past footsteps.  It helps me leave things behind, but it also helps me gout down my newly found thoughts. It's invigorating and challenging to write what you feel, to put into words small descriptions of situations where you, for a second, feel as if you were me. Sometimes the smallest phrases stay lingering in your mind, and it's true, when you write, the smallest things count. It is exciting to find unique way's to add texture and color to words, by combining the oddest combinations of sounds and meanings. To me, that is beautiful. Writing helps you remember, and writing helps you forget. Writing let's you be you.  Spontaneous or suicidal, writing will capture life perfectly while tying it together with a perfect title. Writing is romantic and it can real you in, until you are totally submerged in the journey of words. Writing is breathtaking and knows me well, it's brought me down into a swirling mess but it has lifted me high past the earths crest. Writing. 

I give everything over to You Lord

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

I know just how you feel! I hope you take some writing courses in college. The classes stifled my writing for a long time. I kind of lost of my identity in the rules and vast awareness of what it means to communicate (rhetoric). But after it all settled in my head, it has had improved my skill so much! Plus it's awesome to have talented people that you respect look at your work and give you honest feedback all in the spirit of strengthening you. Plus plus plus, you get exposure to some of the best writing out there--in all different languages even. It's inspiring. Aw. I loved college!! It's hard, but my only regret is that I didn't try harder!! And I did pretty well! Lol. You are good at what you do, Sheena.