Saturday, June 7, 2008

Baby Steps

I want to go back to the baby steps when I didn't know it was a dog eat dog world. Where little girls my size would spill and twirl. I'd like to remember how it felt to have fun, laughing with my friends, eating as many pieces of bubble yum. The stupid stuff is what I lived for, there was no crying no slamming doors no withering away lying on the kitchen floor. I like to say I have come a long way, no more scooters of pick-tail braids. When will I feel it, is it going to kick in, the repercussions of all my sins. Now I know I've felt it, wash right over my face, I have been in the world, yes, I have gotten a little taste. I spit it out powerfully to the ground; overcome some battles, now I'm hearing a different sound. Trust me, I am not kidding around, I have tied my shoelaces and I'm about to hit the town. One more thing, I'm halfway about to drown.
I give everything over to you Lord

No comments: