Friday, August 22, 2008

My Friend Tucker.

Tucker. I love you.
I was going through my Blogs I have written over the years, and I came across one I wrote about you, on March 14th 2007. Tears flooded my eyes, and I realized, what I wrote still applies to you now. You have grown so much, and I am so proud of you. I truly hope you know I am proud of you Tucker. I was sitting in the message last Wednesday as Jason spoke to the youth group. He was speaking on “Mountain Tops.” You popped in my mind as Jason began speaking. He said that we all have mountain top experience, like camp for example. Camp is where nothing else is distracting you; nothing is in your way of giving full attention to God. You feel broken, open, and willing to change your life to follow the footsteps of Jesus Christ. That would be considered a “Mountain Top.” Well, with every high, there has to be a low. Sometimes it feels as though you can’t get any lower, can’t feel anything less then you already do, and those are called the valleys. So why does God bring us valleys? To make us feel like we are nothing, the scum of the earth? Let’s be honest, God would never do that, so why then? God creates valleys so that we might walk out what we have learned on our “Mountain Top Experiences.” Plus, there is no nourishment on the tops of mountains, so there is no possible way we could survive. That’s where valleys come into play. Nourishment is found in the valleys. Mountain tops give you the ability to walk down in the valleys, just as high as you where on the mountain top, because of the knew knowledge you have received from your amazing mountain top experience. Your healthy high. Tucker, being low, and not knowing anything about anything, that’s all okay, and it is actually quite natural. The problem comes from when you stop trying. When you are no longer trying to be a man of God, truly a man who will fight and kick and push and scream until you are completely dead to yourself and alive in Christ. I pledge on your behalf to Christ, asking Him to give you something that changes the way your thinking right now. You are capable of life, and the heart crushing, deceitful, back stabbing things people will throw at you. You are a beautifully created masterpiece, designed and picked to be a man that has a heart after the Lord. I would like you to remember, our days here our numbered. Tucker, don’t play with the Lord, you can’t say well today I don’t feel like it, so tomorrow maybe I’ll try. Tomorrow is not promised. So I literally beg you, please get your heart right with the Lord, and mend relationships that have been broken, and live a selfless life. Please. You are smart, unique, humorous, talented, blessed, underestimated, caring, loving, genuinely nice, gifted, sensitive, emotional, strong, valued, and you have capable. God and I, well, we see eye to eye on that. I still look at you in a light that is worthy of praise. Praise because of the Lord through you. I want to see the guy that was my best friend a long time ago, I want to see him come back. I have asked God to never let you back into my life, and I have actually wanted that to come true, but I believe you and me, you and Brittany, you and Gregg, Jenelle, Dre, Marc, Grant, Allison, Jessica, Mom, Dad, Rachel, Rory, Stephanie, Brennen, and every one else you encounter have the opportunity to change lives, change the world. So as I have said before, I will never shut you out of my life Tucker. You have to know by now, that I am hear for you to cry to, laugh with, smile at, talk to, vent to, share with, embark on, challenge you, encourage you, comfort you, and love you. I am here. No matter where you go running off to, or no matter who you choose to spend your time with, no matter if you hate me, love me, and no matter if you never want to speak with me again, I am letting you know, I am here for you. Always. You are a very loved man of God.

Sheena-

I hate that your not okay.

I give everything over to you Lord

No comments: