Monday, September 1, 2008

Decent, That's All I Asked For

I realized I am a very socially awkward person. Mainly with guys. I have been around so many guys who are down right crude and simply want me more for my body then for my heart. I am disgusted, I searched so deeply and I literally forget what It's like to have a nice guy be plight to me. I am crushed. I am really not trying to write an,"Oh my gosh, I hate boy's, they're all pigs," Blog, but I am fighting to remember when I ran into a decent guy. I am not talking AMAZING, just decent. I worry that I may never find a good guy, and so now I don't fight for it. For maybe the chance to have a decent conversation with a guy who wants to know me, my hobbies, the things that make me smile. A guy who can walk me to my car and not try to kiss me before I leave,  but merely making sure I make it to my car safely. Or a guy who can come dancing with me and not dance on me, or come to my house to watch a movie with me and talk with my parents and not just try to get some on the couch. I find myself describing a guy who can just be my friend, but at the same time, I feel like I am asking to much. I want to be reassured that good guys do come along, that good guys do EXIST. Someone reassure me. I think part of my hang up is that I believed in some of my closest guy friends and they went the opposite way of what they could have been. Should'a, Would'a, Could'a. I know. I shouldn't say that. But I saw so much potential in these guys and they ended up on the other end of the spectrum.  I yell out to God inside my head, "WHY", why do I feel so alone, even the deepest and closest best friends seem to clash with my personality. I am not saying that this mess couldn't just be me, but I highly doubt it. Sorry. I am being honest, that's what I need from people, the honest truth, about everything. I am so tired of the sugar coated crap people have to say. JUST SAY IT LIKE IT IS. I am frustrated beyond all words, confused past all measure, and the last bone in my body that cared... just broke. So I no longer care. That's a lie. So maybe one day down the road I will write about a guy I meet. A nice guy. That's nice. Maybe one day. Just maybe. 
I give everything over to you Lord

2 comments:

familygregg said...

So, here's the truth as I see it. You need to focus on you. Your choices. Your walk. Your anger and your hardened heart.

I love you.
Mrs. Gregg

Sheena Christine West said...

And your right. My heart is hardened, mainly because of my dad. Thank you for noticing and being sensitive to the spirt. Because you are absolutely right.