Monday, December 29, 2008

Just Say Yes

This picturesque ideal of how the common day, our common life, is meant to be sequenced, is in fact death defining. The beautiful American lie steers you continuously in the wrong direction until you've lost yourself and you only know what it feels like to feel nothing at all. Your car can be your confessional, but don't regret dripping your dreams to an inanimate object. Your dashboard can't talk back. How does it equip you for life if you're a singing and you lose your voice? Have you lost your place in the world?  Or if your a dancer and you can no longer walk? So I will write what I feel and feel what I write. Then, I will pray for two different worlds to collide a beautiful collision. I couldn't sit here and deny my past because quite frankly, my past is what will bring me through my future.  And since I've won some and lost some, I am reminded that "We live in a fallen world and the rain falls on the just and the unjust." 

I give everything over to You Lord

No comments: