Monday, July 26, 2010

"Just Gonna Stand There And Watch Me Burn..."


I have a need to express myself through art. 

Music.
Dance.
Painting.
Drawing.
Writing.
Poetry. 
Clothes.
Photography.

It's kind of like the old expression, "An itch you can't scratch." It won't go away, I've got a passion that is lit by fire. It can't be contained. God is so good to place these ambiguous ideas in my thoughts, and although they scare me, they drive me to embark on a journey few travel. 

I've been deeply affected by the stories I've heard about abuse, from friends young and old, and while I've never experienced it personally it's like I've felt the wounds people have obtained from merely hearing their stories. Physical, emotional, mental. Whatever the type of abuse, weather it be one day or a life time of abuse all is unacceptable and all is intolerable. I have cried nights from stories people have told me, it saddens me and know one hundred percent that it breaks the heart of God. 

About 3 or 4 weeks ago a God given idea popped in my head and thoughts raced to questions such as, "How?! What?! Where?! When?!" I feel prompted to plan and organize a production/charity to raise money for people who was and are being abused. So, I'm starting completely from scratch and hoping my ideas and inspirations somehow ignite in the hearts of others and cause this event to explode the city or Scottsdale, Phoenix, Glendale, Peoria, Surprise, Tempe, Chandler and any others. 

I've started on the fliers. Got the color schemes. Know the people who will be assisting me in the performances. I have the title. I know the general time frame for the production to be exposed to the public. I know this is going to be time consuming and a very large job to chew. But I know my God is bigger then me. I know my God put a passion for people inside of me. I know God would have a front row seat to this event if He were to be walking on earth. I know God has my back in the many endeavors I take up. I know God is my biggest fan and the best support group around. My God is a big God that's totally by my side. 

I will do this production, not under my jurisdictions or talents or capabilities or any one else's, but this production will be beautiful because God's hand is upon it, God's blessing is breathing within it, and I know He fights for those who can't fight back. Abuse is, once again, unacceptable and all is intolerable. 

I give everything over to You Lord 

No comments: