Friday, August 13, 2010

"If You Really Knew Me..."

Good morning Friday! Parents left to Cancun this morning at 7, so I'm left as the women of the house. Taking care of the two puppies, cooking, cleaning, going to school, dancing, doing youth, and throwing the baddest party ever. Okay, okay, the last one isn't true, but I do definitely have a full plate. Woke up and made a dinner list for the week. Went shopping for the food and fed the dogs their afternoon snack! Flipped on the TV and my attention was caught by a show called "If you really knew me."

It showed the challenges teens face during their high school years. The rejection from friends and other students or family members, deaths, back stabbings, issues, concerns, and struggles. It exposed the truths and realities behind every smiling face walking in the halls of their high school. This was intended to break down the barriers of bulling, racism, popularity, and cliches. As the students exposed the truths and secrets about their lives. One young boy shared that his parents can't take care of him so he lives with his cousin and it's caused him to face a really hard 2 years, and is still going through it. Another young man exposed the guilt he felt for the death of two boys at his school, although he really could not have changed it the shame still rages in him. There was a young girl who was shocked about the stories she was hearing and felt blessed that she had both parents and an innocent childhood growing up.

The stories were remarkable, and I sat watching with tears running down my face because my heart was so heavy for these young teens. Each and everyone of them are desperate for a Savior and don't even know it. This show inspires me to be aware of the real, painful realities that people are facing around me. To not be ignorant or blinded by my own battles that I am become unable to lend a hand to those around me. I'm reminded once again how much I truly love people. I'm very passionate about seeing growth, expectancy, change, and inspiration.


I give everything over to You Lord

No comments: