Saturday, May 26, 2007

Princess For a day?

"Sheena Starks?" "Hi I'll be assisting you today...."
As i walked down the hall lined with numbers next to the door the lady in an all white uniform said to me, "I'll make your stay as enjoyable as possible....."

Today, for a graduation gift, i got to go to the Princess Hotel and get a massage, facial, and manicure with two of my girl friends. It was a graduation gift from my friends mom, and i actually, for the first time started realizing something...

Princesses shouldn't just be in fairy tails, and i know that may sound really cheesy, but the service my friends and i received was some what of how woman should be treated by their Husbands. It was honestly amazing. So amazing that when i first laid down to get my massage, i couldn't relax, not that i was uncomfortable, but i almost felt guilty for letting someone rube my back. Sounds a bit ridiculous?? It's true, i don't know what it would feel like if a guy took this much effort, time, patients, care, love, grace, and compassion to help me grow in the Lord and care for me emotionally. As i laid there still, she continued to finish up and then set my rob next to me, left the room, and then directed me to the womans lobby. There i met back with a my friends and then we tried everything we could!! The steam room, a room that smelled really good, the indoor hot tub, the outdoor pool, lunch, facials, manicures, and relaxation. I tell you, i have never been so pampered by people in my life. I want that from a "boyfriend"- (Future Husband) i want him to care for me like that. Not actually giving me facials, manicures, and massages, but care in a way that says you are the most important person and i am hear to cater to you and your needs and i want to please you and do what i can to make you feel more comfortable. I don't mean that to sounds selfish, because i will be more then willing to care for my husband in that way, but i don't want to settle for someone who is mediocre, because i know for a fact God wouldn't want me too. Plus, a big reason why this is getting all stirred up in my life is because of a book I'm reading called, Captivating. (Basically a book of understanding the heart and mind of a woman) That is one of the main reasons why i thought so much about everything today.
Then my sweet brother text the cutest thing when was sitting down for lunch, he said, "Do you feel like a princess, princess?" And in that one moment, i really did feel like a princess!

No comments: