Sunday, July 13, 2008

Ryan

I want to be a light in this dark and cold world.
I want to be a women who is striving for greatness.

I want to be an example, that directs you to the Lord.

I want to be sure I don't forget that my days here are numbered.


I went to my cousins church this morning, and I tried seeing the different things the youth ministry does compared to our's in Scottsdale. Seeing how the youth leader's interact with the students and what not. For pure self-improvement. Worship was okay, I have to say I do enjoy how our worship leader does worship. I still can't judge considering we are still worshiping the Lord. So I sat with anticipation to see what the message was going to be like, to see what I was going to learn. Well there has been a huge, frankly tragic event that has happened in the church. One of the 18 years old boys, Ryan Blakeslee, was driving home from somewhere one day, him and two other girls. The van Ryan was driving in swerved and hit the center divider and they got out of the car to check everything out. As they were standing in front of the van, a off duty police officer was driving home and he hit the van, pushing in straight into the kids. Ryan was able to save both girls just in time. Ryan pushed one away and the other one got hit, only enough to push her a bit further then where she was standing. Ryan on the other hand was hit so hard he was pushed all the way on the other side of the freeway and a car heading the opposite direction hit him and Ryan past away. I smile in relief because a few weeks before Ryan had asked the youth pastor to pray for him, because he wanted to except Christ in his life. My eyes were filled with tears as I sat in church. Ryan, an 18 year old, good looking young man was killed and is now enjoying his time spend with the Lord for eternity. I desire that, I want to spend my life with Christ now, until forever. I mainly have compassion for the family of Ryan, because they are not experiencing what Ryan is right now, not yet at least. I don't understand exactly what I'm feeling right now. I do know that I would love to die to save anothers life. Selfless. Please Lord, let me leave that way.

I give everything over to you Lord

No comments: