Sunday, October 19, 2008

Captivating

I put my thoughts on paper, I have written them out into words
I've tried my best to be someone is this spinning out of control world.
I've told half truth's and white lies
I have had meaningless hello's and heart breaking goodbyes.
I have seen my pain stare me straight in the eyes, 
I have heard it before, the, "Suck it up, don't cry."
I had the boy who treated me like dirty
I was still there even though he continued to flirt.
I have felt trapped in this 5 walled room
I have also felt free enough to whistle my favorite tune.
I've had my, "Been there, done that"
I am ready to shake the mold of feeling trapped.
I was also told, beauty is in the eye of the beholder
Why does it feel so alone then, the air is growing colder and colder.
The Simple Side, I will always remember
August, June, March, December.

I give everything over to you Lord

No comments: