Friday, October 3, 2008

Speak Up- I can't hear you

School is in session still, and I had received my first assignment in my public speaking class a week or so ago.. Well today, I had to present. It was a simple assignment requiring each student to bring in three item's, of significance, and talk about them. No typed out papers, but openly talking about three items. As I started the brainstorming process to think of what has importance to me I thought of photography. Okay! Got one down. Dance? Yeah, dance! Two down! Hum... Well, God of course! But God? At my school? Plus, how am I supposed to express the significance of God in my life without going over my five minutes time slot. Okay God, I'll do it. I wasn't ashamed, more fearful of the reactions I would get, I guess.  I thought, for a second before entering my class, that I would be the only one who would talk about "religion" (I hate that world), my relationship with the Lord. To my, extremely pleasant surprise, a young man who had been in my english class the first semester of college brought his Bible and talked about how God is first and foremost in his life. With a sign of relief, I smiled. Next girl went, right before me, and she as well, said how God was a prime factor of how she keeps going through this life. Again, I smiled, and that feeling I had before class, the one where I felt like I was going to be alone in this, it left, I wasn't alone. "Sheena, your up!" I walked up and started by telling my classmates the passion I had for photography, then... next... My faith, my personal and real relationship with God. Again, having the reassurance that I wasn't alone.
I give everything over to you Lord

No comments: