Saturday, November 22, 2008

Is Chivalry Dead?

Is It? Really, is chivalry dead? Good question! I couldn't give you statistics or graphs, showing the actual level of chivalry left in the world. I could simply give you my personal opinion. Well, take a deep breath and here we go! The literal definition of chivalry is, "courteous behavior, esp. that of a man toward women." So I ask myself again, is chivalry dead? Think, when's the last time a man has held a door open for you, or stood up and gave you his seat. How about helping you put your groceries in the car, at random? Or, what about a man stopping what he's doing to just ask how your day it going, but you can actually tell his sincerity? This is excluding spouses, boyfriends, and family members. I am not going to sit here and make false accusations at men, by saying, "There is no good men out in the world." I can open your eyes, though, to the men around you, the men that make up our world. So I ask you again, when's the last time a men has held the door open for you? I made a comment to my friend Michael S. tonight, and said, "Can you and Bria not even be civil though? How does this correlate? Well, the definition of civil is, "courteous and polite." I can honestly say that I've tried my best to make thing's right with the people in my life. But what happens, then, if the person won't let it go, talks behind your back, and can't even have chivalry or be civil toward you? It's disappointing when the person you were falling in love with is now someone who resents you. I have made mistakes, I have tried to paid my dues, but please, don't hold my flesh against me. I'm working on it, and I've actually grown up, but you wouldn't know because you don't take a chance to ask. Then again, it doesn't sound like you'd care. Sad. And. I'm sorry you feel this bitter, this anger, this hurt, this rejection, this pain, this insecurity. Gosh, you wouldn't even know how sorry I really am. If I could do life over, I'd keep you. I know that sounds harsh, and insensitive and prideful, and, and, and, I don't mean it in that way. What I'm trying to say is, well, that I miss you, and your loved by me still, and although you will probably never accept that, it's true. 

I give everything over to you Lord

1 comment:

familygregg said...

k... it sounds like there a few things that need to be cleared up here.



1)There is a differance between "not letting it go", and "not giving a crap anymore".... What happened happened. Sure at first i was wounded and holding a grudge... im sorry about that, but now i am at the point where im done investing my emotions into a friendship with you!

2) If by talking behind your back you mean " everybody commenting on the fact that you have made it known to the world that you are RACIST and you that have a weird fetish for black guys cuz they are superior" then yes, myself and many others think you are in sin and not thinking clearly...

3) "Apathy - is a state of indifference, or the suppression of emotions such as excitement, motivation and passion."

the truth is, you shouldnt point your finger at me and say that im am not being chilveristic towards you. i am simply apathetic towards you. I am lacking the, excitment, motivation and passion of being part of your life.

the bottom line is that i am choosing to bow out of your drama... please stop dragging me into it...

Bria