Monday, January 5, 2009

It's The Greatest Gift Of All

God is surprising, He is surprising me every day. I used to walk with my head tall heart guarded and a smile that told lies. I never knew a person could break those walls down while I am totally at peace with seeing my old world fall. I am at peace. The hardships I've bared comes to a screeching halt and it feels like my pain is lessoned. I actually never thought I'd be okay with being me, in the morning, the afternoon, and the evening. With makeup, without makeup, dressed up, or baggy sweat pants, I feel like I am worth more then my looks, I'm worth something because of my heart! That's hard to come by, but in fact it has come. I never knew I could look at someone in the eyes for so long without saying anything and feel totally comfortable. He said, "I don't know how you did it, but you did." That's when my heart sunk, my eyes filled with tears.. I did it? He left me with tears in my eyes while I sat on the couch. He left and came back with a black notebook from the other room, and so he began to read. He read me the most beautiful, sweet, heartfelt writing I have heard in a long time. It was about me? Me? I feel blessed when I'm in his company, at peace with just knowing he's in the same room, I feel like somethings missing when he's not there, and to think, we both decided on a friendship. I am so blessed. I don't care if our friendship last only tonight, it has been the most genuine, caring friendship. I threw my heart's concerns at him, and he caught them. He saw those long embedded, scarred, and hurtful tears stream down my face, and he looked at me and wiped them away. I am so blessed. He wakes up in the morning and simply smiles and waves. That is beautiful to me. His heart is beautiful to me. I don't find comfort with my ipod, or with my phone, or even with my computer, it's when I go to bed and I know someone and myself has worked out real life issues and problems that I find comfort. Again, I am blessed. 

I give everything over to you Lord

No comments: