Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Trying to Find Her Way Above The Tree Tops

My life has been full of learning lessons. Daily, weekly, monthly, and yearly. These lessons/blessings come through people, myself, consequences, tragedy, and the absences of people. I throughly believe that God grows us the most when we're in uncomfortable positions. When we, as humans, need something bigger to rely on than our finite minds.  Ta da! GOD! 

My Oma (Grandma in dutch) is a marvelous women. Oh if you heard her voice you'd never be able to scratch it from your memory. Her darling soft hair that she always combed just so, and often asked me why she had a cow-lick in her hair! I thanked her for mine! Besides her adorable smile and sweet words to her kids, grandkids and even great grandkids, Oma has cooking as a trademark!  The aromas alone almost satisfied your hunger, it is THAT good! If you emptied your plate you'd be sure to hear her say, "No! Eat more! Get more food!" Besides her hands being so soft to the touch they are quick on the keys. The piano she plays is beautiful, igniting, and eloquent. From such a petite women it was incredible to see such grandiose masterpiece flow through her fingers. She always admired how my cousins Danielle and Ashley, my sister Rachel and myself could stretch our fingers a whole octave! Her joy and love for her family, husband, food, cooking, culture, dancing, making her home welcoming, and music are just a few things that make up this lovely darling I am privileged to call Oma. Margaretha Irene Bergler, my Oma, got to meet our sweet Savior June 3rd, 2010. I haven't cried so many tears in my life, I miss everything about her. I often still feel like I'll see her if I go to California. I know that it's the Lords chance to spend quality time with her now, but the whole in my heart throbs in the loss of my wonderful Oma. 

Oh the blessings that I've seen through tragedy, although hard, have simply reminded me of the short time we have on earth. I've seen the importance of family, the desperate need for God in our world, and the effects of hopelessness. 


I give everything over to You Lord

2 comments:

Ashley said...

Sheen I loved this so much! I reposted it on my tumblr if you don't mind... credit goes to you. :) I love you sheen!!!

Sheena Christine West said...

I'm so glad you can find a piece you can relate to, please do repost. I wish the world would know Oma like we did! I think this crazy planet might be different. I love you Ashley.