Monday, April 20, 2009

Love Is Free...

But it feels like it cost a lot down on earth.

God is love. Correct? So, if God is love and he shows mercy, grace, forgiveness, compassion, understanding, and truth, how could I really love someone without those qualities? I wouldn't truly be loving them at all then, right? I am in the process of learning, and also understanding, that I will never get to a point in life where I reach the peak of perfection and I demonstrate those qualities as Christ does. But, I understand the importance of extending forgiveness and showing the grace God has given me, the mercy I always need, and the compassion I desire. When I think about the love I have received in my life, it never looks like physical affection or expensive diamonds (Which I wouldn't mind!). Instead, love has always come in amazingly hard situations and some in amazingly wonderful situations. I see love as Christ, the God of our universe, the creator who knows me better then I know myself. That is love. I see love when someone leads me back to Christ, and takes my hand and says, "Listen, this is the truth about God, now live it out." That is the greatest love, to have someone in your life striving and fighting to be like Christ. In turn being treated how God has always treated us. Love also looks like dying to yourself so that Christ can be in you and not your sinful nature. Love is hard work. (I am slowly coming to realize) Love is painful sometimes. Love is not what the world makes it look like. Love is in every word and in every sentence of the Bible. Love is so hard. So hard, but so worth it. Love is absolutely worth it.

I give everything over to You Lord

No comments: