Monday, February 27, 2012

Butterflies

Season 1 Episode 2 "Butterflies"
{And this part of my life I call Friendship}

Have you ever felt like you knew someone for years after meeting them for the first time? Well, how about knowing someone for years except feeling like you don't know them at all? In your lifetime you will probably never have two friends who are exactly the same. Some you may be able to build a deep and personal relationship with, while others may be fleeting friends who never get to know the real you. Either way we will all at some point experience friendship, bad or good, meaningless or quality.

Often times I feel like it is easier to either be friends that don't really know much about each other or be in a relationship and skip the whole friendship part. Although, it is only within the past few weeks that I have grown a deeper appreciation for the true meaning of friend. And even though I still feel like I am working on what it means to be a friend at all times, I am learning to love the in between stage. Where it isn't quite acquaintances and still to far from relationship, but smack dab in the middle of em' both! The process of what it really means to learn about someone and understand how they operate is often times overlooked and seldom a priority.

I have been able to see friendship as a very powerful force in this world. I have seen friendships save lives. I have seen friendships encourage. I have seen friendships turn into prayer worriers, and an unstoppable forces of God. Friendships can be taken advantage. They can be ruined and destroyed. They have the ability to build up a generation that is made to be an agent of change. Friendships are important.

So as I embark on my "Episode 2" of seeking to understand friendships in a different light, I give Glory to God that He has been my sole reasoning in trying to learn when He has planned in the stage of Friendship!

I give every to You Lord


No comments: