Tuesday, April 10, 2012

"Gone Going"

I was listening to my Ipod while at work this morning, and the song "Gone Going" by the Black Eyed Peas came on. As I was listening to the lyrics I noticed how interesting it was to hear famous artists sing about something that's real talk. Even The Blacked Eyed Peas my not know exactly what they are saying or the truth that's within their words, but here is the part that caught my attention:

"All that money that you got gonna be gone
That gear that you rock gonna be gone
The house up on the hill gonna be gone
That gold fronts on your grill gonna be gone
The ice on your wrist gonna be gone
That nice little Miss gonna be gone
That whip that you roll gonna be gone
And what's worst is your soul already gone"

These lyrics remind me of John 2:17 "The world and its desires pass away, but the man who does the will of God lives forever." Everything we have in this world is so temporary and if it isn't about our Fathers business it's going to be gone one day. Doing the will of God will never fail you, through the thick and the thin God should be the backbone to your life.

I also thought of the letters Paul wrote to the Ephesians:

Ephesians 4:19-24

"Having lost all sensitivity, they have given themselves over to sensuality so as to indulge in every kind of impurity, with a continual lust for more. You, however, did not come to know Christ that way. Surely you heard of him and were taught in him in accordance with the truth that is in Jesus. You were taught, with regard to your former way of life, to put off your old self, which is being corrupted by its deceitful desires; to be made new in the attitude of your minds; and to put on the new self, created to be like God in true righteousness and holiness."

I am believing for this generation to take off their old selves and put on their new life in Christ. You may be alive with breathe in your lungs, but until you have given your life to the God who saves you will never truly be living.

So how do we prevent the last line of the lyrics from happening?
{ "And what's wrong is your soul already gone" }

Matthew 10:28 say,

"And do not fear those who kill the body but cannot kill the soul. Rather fear him who can destroy both soul and body in hell."

Setting your life on the Word of God and putting all your eggs in His basket will in turn remind the enemy that he has been defeated by a great and powerful God. The One True & Only! God has amazing plans for your life if you are diligent about seeking out His will. I am so blessed that I've been protected and given Grace for the areas in my life that I need it. Thank you Lord!

I give everything over to You Lord




No comments: