Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Hello 2014

As I say "Goodbye" to 2013, I am left with more than distant memories. I am proud to say that I am able to take away several important lessons that will last me a lifetime.

This past year (2013) has been a defining year in my life. With so many changes and difficult decisions that I had to process through, I am leaving this year with a new appreciation for life. A new appreciation for my relationship with God, a new appreciation for family, friends, finances, work, church, and my relationship with my sweet boyfriend, Kasey.

This year, God was faithful to refine me. He showed me the areas of weakness in my life, He showed me that I am truly willing to give up anything to serve Him with my whole heart and He helped me grow a little more comfortable and confident in my own skin. This year was one of the most challenging seasons I've walked through. But I would walk through it again if it meant that I could fall more in love with my Savior.

This past year has felt like a launching pad for the greatness that God is going to do in 2014. A launching pad for the new adventures I'll take, the new people I'll meet, the new beginnings I'll create.

In 2013, there were a few areas in my life that I decided that I wanted to fight in order to see something beautiful be created. I decided that I didn't want any broken friendships in my life. I made a stand to mend any awkward or off-ish relationships I had. So I did. I put myself out there and built friendships with certain girls that I had previously disregarded. Instead of keeping them at arms distance, I embraced them with an authentic love, and forced myself into uncomfortable situations in order to mend the brokenness that, I felt, lingered between them and myself. I am thrilled to say, they embraced me back and I stand on good terms with them now. My desire is to be someone who people feel like they can run to in a time of need or if they are desperate for comfort. That is what sparked the whole thought in the first place. I am pleased to see those friendships made whole.

2013 has also birthed within me a new vision and inspiration for my future plans with work and with ministry. I couldn't be more excited to embark on a new journey! I decided that I wanted to start my own business and become my own boss. A scary, overwhelming and daunting project and I have no idea how I am going to accomplish it. But I am determined to go after the things I want in life, and my own business is definitely something I am excited to start.

Another vision that has caught fire in my heart is my long time dream of developing and running an urban art street ministry. I have had this dream for several years. I have dreamt of creating a place of refuge for the lost and forgotten. A place for lower socioeconomic youth and young adults to come as they are and leave filled up with a new passion for life. I have been blessed with the honor of having a boyfriend who is just as passionate as I am about loving people. Kasey understands it. He gets the vision and the dream, and has the leadership qualities to accomplish it. I couldn't be more excited to partner with the most breath-taking person I know. We are starting small and working our way, slowly, to our goal. Kasey and I have started saving money, we meet up and work on programming and our mission and vision. I know the hard worklate nights and dedication that it will take to make our dreams a reality, but I am as ready as I'll ever be.

There are so many areas in my life that I am excited to see develop into something beautiful. 

Here is my thoughts for 2014... 

I am excited to deepen my relationship with God and I am ready to build deeper relationships with those around me. 2014, I will fight every battle that arises. I will seek out the areas in my life that I want to improve and actually do something about them. My desire is to learn to love Kasey in a greater way, as we continue to build a dynamic friendship. I will spend time with family, try new foods, go to new places, make mistakes, learn from my mistakes, become a more equipped youth leader, friend, daughter, sister, cousin, niece, girlfriend and aunt. This year, 2014, will be a year of new beginnings and new milestones. Cheers to a brilliant and happy NEW YEAR! 

I give everything over to You Lord

No comments: