Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Am I ready Lord?

Graduation...

Am I ready to take the next step, to go into a battle field called "College?"
Am I ready to put two feet forward and jump into the things the devil will throw at me?
Am I ready to do what i have been taught to do? Share God with people around me.
Am I ready to learn that i am here for the sole purpose of benefiting the kingdom of God?
Am I ready to teach while I'm being taught at school?
Am I ready to grow up, mature, and become a college student fighting daily to be faithful to God?
Am I ready to trust fully that God has a wonderful purpose for putting me here.
Am I ready to hurt because i will recognize sin in the world?
Am I ready to fight
Am I ready to not settle
Am I ready to make a difference
Am I ready to show my parents i can do it
Am I ready to say, No when people say that i should
Am I ready to die to myself and have complete reliance on God?
Am I ready to do this?
Graduation is one thing. Putting on an over sized gown and i square hat with a long stringy thing to the side is another. Walking up getting a slip of paper that says, "You've worked 4 years for a tree to be cut down and flattened into a paper which has your name written in fancy writing, saying, "Congratulations Graduate." Am i proud of what I've left behind in my years of homeschooling, or was i just trying to "Get by?"
Will i know what i have truly learned in high school when I'm done with collage? If so, when will i truly know what I've learned in collage when I'm married and have 3 kids? I am beyond excited to graduate, but at times i don't feel ready, and at times, I am scared, and then i say to myself, "Take a deep Breath, and be thankful you aren't the one who is in control of your future."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yes, are you ready Sheen?! =o)

Ashley

I MISS YOU!!! LOVE YA BUDDY!