Tuesday, August 19, 2008

I'm Talking To You.

The vibrations from the wheels cause a subtle bumming effect that lightly tosses our bodies back and forth. The time takes us to new places, the beauty of travel. Hard work seems to be paying off, and I realize for the very first time, I am responsible, intelligent, strong, and I am very capable of being pushed to my breaking point. But. Somehow always coming through. The shuffle of the little girl’s sneakers in front of me haunts my every desire to be young again. The careless free spirited child I was, now seems to hold the weight of the world. Hardly, I know. Yet, I still feel the pressure. Those little smiles that use to be laden with mere happiness are now layered with the constant reminder that I am responsible for me. My wallet is filled with lint more now then it ever has been in the past. My shoes have worn down soles, and the holes in my shirts, well, I welcome them. Viewing this mess as a growing experience, better then a growing experience, more like, hum… a life experience, for lack of better terms. A hundred tissues have been used and thrown away, and with them went every loss and tear I have shed. I shed no more. The backbone of mine is now not only giving me good posture, but now, that same backbone is giving me guts and courage to stand tall and to speak bold. I am bold. Gutsy. Capable. I am not speaking out of pride, nor am I speaking for self-gratification, more so that I can be a walking example of what God’s grace can do for you. That, right there, that is gutsy. If it was not for Christ I wouldn’t be here, more so, I wouldn’t need the backbone I obtain and I wouldn’t need to be gutsy and capable for anything. So by the grace of God I stand tall and firm knowing, God is in control. So the brake is pushed, the car is stopped, and the travel is over. Still, the lessons where learned, the laughs were meaningful, the backbone grew stronger, and now, I question, “What next?” I am so excited for the next step in life, I fear that I might miss an exciting moment I could be experiencing now. Taking a deep breath in, and twice more, one step at a time. Good to know... I am still moving forward.
I give everything over to you Lord

No comments: