Sunday, November 2, 2008

Kiss me

It's the honesty of someone who says, "I am struggling to be a Christian and I am having a hard time figuring out what that looks like in my life." Or, "I want to do bad things sometimes." It's that same honesty that makes me so happy. I feel sometimes that those who admit, "I don't have it all together, but I'm trying to understand God," are the people who aren't at a comfortable place. They don't have the 10 year christianity thing going for them, they are being pushed and stirred up spiritually. I want that. Maybe not being sure about God gets you to a place where your searching for the answers, which means your growing. Not sugar coated or icing glazed with lies, but whole truths that, "I messed up, I mess up, and I will continue to mess up." I would rather turmoil from someone admitting they're doing something deliberately wrong, than to hide behind their mess, living in sin, and in denial. The pure honesty of my friend is admirable. I'm sure everything I've been saying doesn't make sense, but it's hard to put in words what I'm feeling, or the significance of it. I think my friend Angel, is the first friend I've encountered that is on the thin line fighting what the world wants, and what the Lord wants. Although, it is hard to watch sometimes, I am so happy I can be there to encourage him, becoming an example again. I walk him through things in his life, but I can't wait for the day when he walks tall on his own. I have faith and expectancy, that he will walk tall on his own!! Let me make sure you understand, that I am not talking as if I'm above him in anyway, because I am still understand what Christianity is in my own life. I have just been through a few things and God had grace on me, so now I can give grace. I have so much love for this boy. He has an amazingly beautiful heart, and I am blessed to have him as a friend. For the first time, I feel like a guy can be open with me, because we're friends. No strings attached, and no romantic relations involved. It's nice to be friends. So hopefully Angel and I can keep teaching each other things. With open minds and open hearts, we can be friends, a friendship blessed with a kiss from God. I am excited to see what the Lord has for us two, I am so excited. 
In proverbs it says, "In honest answer is like a kiss on the lips."
I give everything over to you Lord

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.