Tuesday, November 11, 2008

The Simple Side


The semester is nearing an end, and I am so extremely excited. I haven't really been finding myself excited about much, until yesterday, I got pleasant news from an advisor at SCC (My college) and she said I didn't need any more math classes! EVER!!! I was so thrilled, I walked out with a big smile! As I began checkin off required classes for my degree in Graphic Design, I was even more thrilled to find out that, I, in fact, have competed more classes than expected! I have done my required amount of English, Math, Social and Behavioral Sciences, Humanities and Fine Arts, and Oral Communication! All I have left, is my Natural Science class, which I'm taking the spring of 09, and then the rest of art classes! Which is about 21 Art classes I can take at SCC, before I move onto ASU. I am taking 4 art classes including my Environmental Biology class next semester, so I will be done at SCC in about a year and a semester!!!!! I feel very proud for the first time, that I have been able to push through something I have dreaded most of my life. Books, tests, quizzes, new classes, new professors, 100,000,000 things I really never had a desire to learn, and now look, I'm one step closer to being done! I am so excited and I am SO THRILLED! I will be about 23 or 24 when I graduate, but I feel like I have really taken ownership of my life and my goals. No encouragement from boyfriends, nothing from my dad, and really the only encouragement I got was from God, from Brittany, from my sister, and occasionally my mom. I'm doing it. And... all though things still sorta suck in my family, I'm succeeding in many things still! I am proud! I'm not boosting, just sharing my excitement. Who would have thought, I would actually be excited about school!! Wow! 
I give everything over to You Lord

No comments: