Wednesday, January 14, 2009

PERFECT LOVE

Love has been on my heart, and I have been having a beautiful collision with the truth about love. I googled verses on love with curiosity of what might come up. So I scanned the first few sites and it really shed light in a different way then I am used to, on the subject of love.  I first read the verse 1 Corinthians 13:5 - ("It" is referring to love) - "It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, IT KEEPS NO RECORD OF WRONGS." I've read that verse before and it just didn't affect me as much as now, although that may sound bad. But, I read on, in a different web site. The next verse I read was 1 peter 4:8 which say's- "Above all, love each other deeply, because love covers a multitude of sins." So I thought to myself, "Does this mean my love can cover sins? Maybe not necessarily wipe sins away, but just cover the 'wrong doing' or whatever it might be." Then I was praying and just sitting quietly in my room, listen to Brandon Heath's- "Love never fails" and I thought to put God in replace of love. So I did- "Because GOD covers a multitude of sins." Right? God is the only One who can demonstrate perfect love, and I feel like when the verse reads love, it refers to PERFECT LOVE. God's perfect perfect love. The same love that people crave for but instead turn to drinking, drugs, sex, work, and boyfriends/girlfriends. It's sad, and I am one of those people, but God is so good to still love us with His perfect love. So I am still on the journey of what God want's to teach me about love. Possibly demonstrating love better, or, learning what love looks like in my life, it can even be that I haven't fully let God's perfect love overflow and intrude my life in a beautiful way. I'm excited and nervous and I will probably be challenge to love more, but I have a desire to love with a true authenticity. I will challenge you as well, to love people this week with a conscious decision to see lives changed. I believe full heartedly that love can change lives. A perfect example is God sending His son to die on the cross for us out of pure LOVE for His children. 

I give EVERYTHING over to You Lord

No comments: