Thursday, March 26, 2009

Paper Canvas

Who says that painting somehow has to be with a brush and a canvas? Who says it has to be with colors and shapes? There is something beautiful about painting to me, something that runs through my fingers and moves my heart with inspiration. I tap my foot with excitement and I sketch you a beautiful piece of work. Some may not consider it painting, but I'd say you'd be blind not to realize. I have never used a paint brush and there has hardly been color involved, but it doesn't make it any less of a painting. Picture this open field, to your left there is a tree standing taller then any you've ever seen. To your right there is beautiful wild flowers that color the ground. Your bare feet stand close together and point you down a small dusty path, were one's eye cannot see the distance to the end. Tall grass line the trail and you inhale the fresh air. Now stop! Don't picture anymore! See, right there, I just painted! just as any artist with a few brushes and colors. You might have saw the image I was describing, and you might have even felt it, but I didn't use any color and there was no canvas involved.

I paint every time my fingers touch a new letter on the keyboard. I try to paint daily, with the words that sometimes crowd my mind. It's exhilarating! The curves of the letters create their own picture and my sentence structure leads your mind to run wild. Run with it! Paint your thoughts in words and I guarantee you will never run out of paint!

A slash of color to your words uncovered.

I give everything over to You Lord

2 comments:

Stephanie said...

Ok, does this ever make you think of Jesus? He is "The Word." Think how powerful just one word is! He is THE WORD--like the definitive Word, the first and last Word, the living Word! Hmmm.....

Sheena Christine West said...

Mommy Steph, you are absolutely right. It's really incredible. Thank you for the good reminders and your heart that is so precious. You always lead me back to Christ, and I look up to you.