Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Things "To Do"

I have a long list of things "To do" today! Right? {As always} I leave to Mexico in the morning so of course I have to pack, clean, laundry, errands, homework, e-mails, and getting to bed early. Although, before I went to bed last night I said a quick prayer that sounded like this, "God, I have a lot of 'stuff' to do tomorrow, but if you have different plans and need to use me somewhere else, I am all Yours." I prayed that specifically because I never want to get to caught up in the stuff that I miss God-ordained-opportunities.

So, I woke up this morning {still tired} and I started my first task on my list. Editing pictures from a photo shoot I just did. & in the process of editing I get a facebook chat alert that reads:


I can't help but laugh {because of my prayer} and wondering if the rest of my day will be filled with chances to put God first. I could have told my good friend (he's like my little brother) that I was really busy today, I mean I had a good excuse - I'm leaving to Mexico to build a house for a family. So selfless of me right? EW. I never want to sounds too busy to talk, or be so caught up on checking off a list of stuff I have to complete that I can't bring Hope to the Hopeless.

If the rest of my day turns out to be multiple conversations like the one I had with my good friend, and nothing gets checked off my list, I will feel like my day was well spent. So God, I said it once and I'll say it again, "I have a lot of 'stuff' to do today, but if you have different plans and need to use me somewhere else, I am all Yours."


I give everything to You Lord

No comments: