Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Virtuous

Virtuous: {Having or showing high moral standards.}


I've been thinking about how God uses tangible experiences to teach us Spiritual lessons. Some days I feel like life can weigh me down, drowning me in "stuff". But it's those days that remind me how important God finds our attitudes and our responds to life. {Our responses to the good & the bad} If we are ambassadors of Christ, and the ones pointing people back to the One and Only God, shouldn't we be more careful with our responses? I have needed this reminder. The reminder to respond out of God's love for me, and His faithfulness in protecting me. Some people think it's the big things that matter when you are a Christian. Such as, showing up to church EVERY Sunday morning, participating in all church functions, passing out Bibles or feeding the homeless. While those all may be beneficial qualities and events to participate in, I have found that our true character comes out when we least expect it. When we don't prepare for it. When the day is busy and your stressed out about who knows what! It's the attitudes you give the grocery cashiers or bank tellers. Taking time out of your day to give someone a complement, even if your day isn't going exactly how you planned it. I believe the best way to go where God has you, on any given day, is to be led by the Spirit. If you really look for the gold in situations, you will more than likely be able to see how great our God is. You will be able to better relate to God and understand who He is. He is FANTASTIC! These are {some} of my latest thoughts that I've been processing and wanted to get them out. I challenge you, as I am challenging myself, to respond out of Gods goodness not out of your weakness.

I give everything over to You Lord

No comments: