Friday, March 28, 2008

Salome

Salome, a man with a grey hair topped head and a sun kissed skin color makes It hard not to smile with such a great personality. He’s a regular, at my coffee shop. BUT! He is more than just a small decaf coffee with room for skim milk. Salome, is a small blessing every morning I work. In his thick accent he says “Thank you sweet heart!” I don’t know why this regular stand out to me, but I do know he is a darling man. He has blessed my manager and I with twenty dollars for Christmas last year and just recently gave me twenty more dollars for Easter. It is the biggest blessing to have someone appreciate you getting their coffee. A simple small decaf coffee. Appreciated enough to give me forty dollars out of pure thankfulness. Salome will always be more than a small market owner and a regular at my store, but a daily blessing God sends to me every Tuesday, Thursday, and Saturday!

2 comments:

Stephanie said...

Sheena--it takes a very insightful person to appreciate a guy like Salome. You are wise to see value in his appreciation for you!!

I love your outlook on life!

Sheena Christine West said...

Thanks Steph. That means the world. And yes, I'm glad God was able to teach me that!