Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Set Apart

I don't mind so much that I don't have a handful of friends to hang out with all the time, I think the thing I am beginning to realize is that I have been set apart. That means I will not be included in every youthful activity out there. I am here for the Lord and to serve Him in everything I do. Now, someone with no faith in the Lord may think I am missing out on the drinking the drugs the sex and the 'fun'. I can honestly sit here and say to myself that I feel as though I have NOT missed out on ANYTHING. I know that the drinking, drugs, and sex will leave you with a hole in your heart which will never fill you up, and that is why I don't take part in it. Sometimes that means not having friends who do those types of things. Sometimes even my friends who are believers in Christ are not my source of security. God has very well taken care of that for me. But it's hard. Trugin' along the path when you seem to have no friends to rely on. Family? Sure! They have always been there for me. I am beyond blessed when it comes to that. I feel as though I would love a couple of close girlfriends who share the same things as me and that want to live a pure healthy life in the Lord. Maybe I'm being selfish, and God wants me to be satisfied with the amazing family he has blessed me with. But a few friends wouldn't hurt, right? Finding them is the hard part. However, I will not give up on trying to please the Lord in my actions, thoughts, and life overall. With that, God will bless me with the right people in my life. The right people to push me grow. If that is only my family, then I am totally and 100% satisfied.

No comments: