Monday, May 4, 2009

Yes, No, Maybe so

It started with the Pastor Jason, the youth pastors at my church. In a meeting we had Pastor Jason's words confidently spoke, "Sheena, you're gonna be on big stages preaching, bigger stages then we could imagine." I laughed and shook my head "NO!" Then, as days passed it starting sinking in and I kept pondering the thought. Myself on big stages? Talking? Preaching? WHAT?! NO!

I've been praying though, for an opportunity to share my testimony. A little reluctant I must add! I talked to one of my friends about the passion and desire I have to help people with their struggles. I can only say that, now, because I have come out of my battles, not all, but some, and I have seen the Grace, the Love, the Strength, and the provision that God blessed me with.  Something so sweet and so inspiring, that I don't want to keep it just for myself, I want to share the greatness of God.

This morning I was talking to God on my way to school, and sure enough, I told God that I want my heart softened to the idea of me being on stages bigger then I ever imagined. I asked God to use me, to mold me, and to teach me. I think, well, I'm starting to believe that I WILL be on big stages one day. Although I don't know how, or where, or why, I know I will. I need to start living it out, with confidence, or else I will drowned in my insecurities. I want to fight for that. I'm scared. But I'm willing. I'm fearful, but excited. I'm so, so excited! 

I give everything over to You Lord

No comments: